Thursday, October 18, 2012

errrggggg

     My mind is pissing me off lately. It keeps on deciding to have me develop more weird quirks and disorders. Trichotillomania, Dermatillomania, self-harm, depression, anxiety, facial tics, disordered eating tendencies; the list keeps growing. I've gone back into therapy which is good. I've found a few friends who suffer from similar problems which is comforting. We all know we are not alone. I've been doing a bit better with some of my issues, and not so great with others. My eyebrows, for instance, are looking rather sparse from pulling at them yesterday. My scalp has been attacked too. Fortunately no bald patches at the moment. High stress and anxiety make me do all sorts of odd things :p
     I've been getting back into my art more the past week or so. That always helps things. Knitting is especially beneficial because it keeps both my hands occupied. To anyone struggling with mental health problems, I definitely recommend taking up some sort of hobby. I prefer art or running, but there are plenty of other things that help to get one's mind off things. Would not suggest things like TV or video games. Watching a movie or occasionally playing some videogames is all well and good. Just not all the time, then they are just mind numbing. I've always preferred reading as an escape; it's better for your brain :) I know how difficult doing fun things can be when you are depressed, but make yourself do them anyway. You will feel better for doing so. I for one feel so much better after getting out my paint set and blasting some music while working on a canvas. Sometimes I even revert back into a five year old and do some finger painting :p Doesn't fix everything, but it helps. Find your bliss. <3


~Evangeline <3

No comments:

Post a Comment